Friday, November 25, 2011

A good Weekend

I have been told brevity is the soul wit.
In an attempt to capture this soul, I will make the following entry very short.

This past weekend was phenomenal.
I want to thank all of the great people that came to my WG for some chess, checkers and cards on Friday night and drank all of my (glüh)wine. Special thanks to Stanislav for extracting boatloads of tangerine and orange juice (and thus showing us that tangerine juice is actually more "orange", than orange juice) and to Fiona for making some sort of glühwein-mold wine hybrid using cheap french red wine, tangerines and assorted spices found in my kitchen.
I want to thank all the sporty folks who I joined on a bike ride to Stein am Rhein on Saturday. It was a very pleasant ride with nice scenery (including a very impressive castle), a relaxed pace and some practical discoveries, such as the versatility and usefulness of cream cheese for meals without utensils.
I want to thank the inhabitants of WG 7 in Sonnenbühl Ost, who kindly invited a new acquaintance who was lost on the way to another party to share some great tea with them.
I want to thank Molly & Minions for cooking a kingly feast (both with respect to quantity and quality of the food) and for letting me consume a considerable portion of it despite showing up late. I would also like to thank them for (albeit unsuccessfully) trying to introduce my snobbish self to the film "Elf".
I want to thank Rajesh Bhatt and Rui Wang for being the social highlight of my otherwise reading-centered Sunday, explaining the concept of statistical entropy (Rui) and introducing me to the GEIL song (Rajesh). I would also like to thank Marc Novel for a pleasant conversation about logic and programming languages.
I want to thank my flatmates Inken and Claire as well as Jasmin for finishing the weekend "in style" by watching Tatort.
And lastly (but not leastly?) I would like to thank the weather gods for providing a quiet partially sunny day on Saturday and a warm sun-lit Sunday (that I was unable to take advantage of outdoors, unfortunately).

No comments:

Post a Comment